We aim to nurture every Nanyang girl to be someone who is proud of her integrity, achievements and cultural roots.
If you share the same mission with us, you may seek admission through the following, other than Sec 1 posting exercise:
- Direct School Admission (DSA)
- Entrance Examination
Please click HERE to view Important Information for AY2020 Secondary 1 Posting.
Students seeking admission to Nanyang Girls’ High School are required to sit the school’s Entrance Examination.
Categories of Students
Our annual entrance examination is open to the following categories of students:
1) Students who are presently in a local mainstream Secondary school
Secondary 2 students, who are presently studying in local mainstream Secondary schools. Students who are admitted to their current school via DSA-Sec or AEIS exercise are not eligible for school transfer. Students from IP schools are strongly discouraged to apply as it could disrupt the quality of the student’s educational experience.
2) Returning Singaporeans who are currently not in a local mainstream Singapore school
This group of students may either participate in the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporean (SPERS) or/and our School’s Entrance Examination.
For more information on SPERS, please refer to MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/returning-singaporeans
Application is open from 1 October 2021, 9a.m. to 22 October 2021, 5p.m.
Please click here for the e-application form.
|ENTRANCE LEVEL IN 2022||APPLICATION DATES||ADMINISTRATION FEE (WITH GST)|
|Secondary 3||1 Oct 2021, 9a.m. – 22 Oct 2021, 5p.m.||S$140.00|
(In alignment with the MOE policy that IP schools may only admit students at Secondary 3 level, NYGH will administer Entrance Exam at Secondary 3 Level.)
The following supporting documents will be required for the e-application form:
- Proof of Identity (e.g. Birth Cert/Passport/FIN/Re-entry Permit)
- PSLE Results
- Secondary 1 & 2 Overall/Final School Results
- Recent photograph
* Upon receipt of a complete application, the school will advise on the payment procedure via email within 3 working days.
* Late payment will be considered as incomplete application. Hence, it will not be processed.
* The administration fee is non-refundable.
1. Written Tests, Monday 01 November 2021
|LEVEL IN AY2022||CHINESE TEST||ENGLISH TEST||MATH TEST||SCIENCE TEST|
|Sec 3||8.30 – 9.30a.m.||9.45 – 10.45a.m.||11.15 – 12.15p.m.||12.30 – 1.30p.m.|
- Participants are to report at 8.00a.m. on Monday, 1 November 2021 at NYGH, Admin lobby.
- All participants are required to be seated at the examination venue by 8.20a.m.
- All participants are required to produce their identity document for verification purpose
- Light refreshment will be provided at 10.45a.m.
- The use of dictionary or electronic dictionary that is approved by the Singapore Ministry of Education is permitted for Chinese Test
- The use of electronic calculator is permitted for Math Test
2. Interview for shortlisted applicants only: by 15 November 2021
3. Notification of outcome
- Release of Outcome: mid December 2021 via e-mail.
- Details of the results will NOT be disclosed.
- Successful applicants will be admitted to NYGH in January 2022.
- As a SAP school, all students admitted to NYGH must offer Higher Chinese Language as Mother Tongue Language.
Correspondence between our school and applicants will be made via e-mail or the mailing address, as reflected in the application form.
For clarification on our school’s entrance examinations, please e-mail your queries to [email protected]
For information on MOE placement exercise, please contact MOE customer service at +65 6872 2220 or visit https://WWW.MOE.GOV.SG/INTERNATIONAL-STUDENTS