We aim to nurture every Nanyang girl to be someone who is proud of her integrity, achievements and cultural roots.
If you share the same mission with us, you may seek admission through the following, other than Sec 1 posting exercise:
- Direct School Admission (DSA)
- Entrance Examination
Please click HERE to view Important Information for AY2018 Secondary 1 Posting.
Students seeking admission to Nanyang Girls’ High School are required to sit for the school’s Entrance Examination.
Categories of Students
Our annual entrance examination is open to the following categories of students:
1) Students who are presently in a local mainstream Secondary school
Secondary 2 students, who are presently studying in local mainstream Secondary schools. Students who are admitted to their current school via DSA-Sec or AEIS exercise are not eligible for school transfer.
2) Returning Singaporeans who are currently not in a local mainstream Singapore school
This group of students may either participate in the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporean (SPERS) or/and our School’s Entrance Examination.
For more information on SPERS, please refer to MOE website at http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/returning-singaporeans/
Age Criteria for Admission of International Students
Entrance Level in 2018: Secondary 3
Permissible Age Range as at 1 January 2018: 14 to 16+
Application form can be downloaded Here from 1 September to 27 October 2017.
Entrance Level in 2017: Secondary 3
Application Dates: 1 Sep – 27 Oct 2017，5pm
Administrative Fee (with GST): S$140.00
In alignment with the MOE policy that IP schools may only admit students at Secondary 3 level, NYGH will administer Entrance Exam at Secondary 3 Level.
*Payment of administration fee in cheque shall be made and posted to NANYANG GIRLS’ HIGH SCHOOL together with the completed application form.
*Late payment will be considered as incomplete application. Hence, it will not be processed.
*The administration fee is non-refundable.
Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents:
A copy of Identity document (e.g. birth certificate, passport, student pass)
A copy of School result slips (PSLE and past 2 years’ school results)
A copy of Achievement records/co-curricular reports (past 2 years), if any
A copy of most recent passport-sized photo
1. Written Tests, Monday 06 November 2017
ENTRANCE LEVEL IN AY2017: Sec 3
CHINESE TEST: 8.30 - 9.30 a.m.
ENGLISH TEST: 9.45 - 10.45 a.m.
MATH TEST: 11.15 - 12.15 p.m.
SCIENCE TEST: 12.30 - 1.30 p.m.
- Participants are to report at 8 a.m. on Monday, 6 November 2017 at NYGH, Auditorium lobby.
- All participants are required to be seated at the examination venue by 8.20 a.m.
- All participants are required to produce their identity document for verification purpose
- Light refreshment will be provided at 10.45 a.m.
2. Interview for shortlisted applicants: end November 2017 (if necessary)
3. Notification of outcome
- Release of Outcome: 15 December 2017 via POST
- Details of the results will NOT be disclosed.
- Successful applicants will be admitted to NYGH in January 2018.
- As a SAP school, all students admitted to NYGH must offer Higher Chinese Language as Mother Tongue Language.
Correspondence between our school and applicants will be made via e-mail or the mailing address, as reflected in the application form.
For clarification on our school’s entrance examinations, please e-mail your queries to [email protected]
For information on MOE placement exercise, please contact MOE customer service at +65 6872 2220 or visit: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students