Founded in 1917, Nanyang Girls’ High School is a premier independent and Special Assistance Plan (SAP) school that provides an all-round holistic education to the students. It is an institution with a vibrant history, a rich tradition in bicultural education and a global perspective.
Nanyang Girls’ High School invites applications from qualified, highly motivated individuals, to be part of the dynamic, committed and innovative workforce.
We are looking for:
MAKER SPECIALIST ASSISTANT
Someone who loves to work with their hands, tinker, invent and share that excitement with students in a school MakerSpace and grow the space to the next level of fun, creativity and exploration.
- Diploma in Design and Technology
- Diploma in Design related field
- Degree in Art Education
- Portfolio showcasing digital and traditional fabrication expertise
Experience / Familiarity with:
- Digital Fabrication [CAD, 3D Printing, CNC Router, Digital Die Cut]
- Basic building skills using wood shop hand and power tools
- Working with secondary school learners in a traditional or non-traditional educational setting
- Apple Mac OX / iPad IOS technology skills
Skills and Dispositions:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Great collaborator and resourceful team player
- Self-directed learner
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to new situations and expectations
- Models a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential for interacting with just about anybody at school as well as visitors.
- Maintaining a safe and clean Maker environment
- Support and guide students with creating multi-disciplinary projects
- Basic maintenance and care of our digital and non-digital tools / machines
- Fabricate cool useful and imaginative products as exemplars of possibilities to inspire the NYGH Maker community
Lead Maker workshops
- Learn and experiment
- Trained graduates with relevant degree or diploma in Guidance & Counselling;
- Knowledge of guidance & counselling techniques and various approaches to academic, social and behavioural issues;
- Preferably with at least 3 years of guidance & counselling experience; Candidate must be comfort with ambiguity, strong team player, caring, empathetic, optimistic and realistic. Maintain high ethical and professional standards at all times.
RELIEF PHYSICS TEACHER
- NIE trained graduates with relevant degree in Science / Physics or equivalent ;
- Qualified to teach both upper and lower secondary students;
- Experience in leading Science research and mentoring students in science research;
- High competency level in the use of ICT in teaching;
- Good team player and organisation skills;
- Able to commit to teach in Semester 1.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER (SCHOOL & BOARDING SCHOOL)
- Minimum Higher Nitec in Electrical Engineering
- Conduct routine checks on all essential services – electrical, air-con, plumbing and building;.
- Carry out minor repairs to any faults detected / reported by staff / students within 24 hours;
- Accompany and supervise the term contractors for all maintenance and servicing;
- Carry out preventive maintenance works as scheduled;
- Ensure all essential spares for minor repair are adequately stocked;
- Provide logistics support for all major events in School and Boarding School;
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by the Principal, Vice-Principals, Head / Deputy Head (Infrastructure), Head / Boarding School and Operation Manager.
Staff recruitment is an ongoing process at Nanyang Girls' High School. We are constantly looking for suitably qualified and committed staff to join our team.
To apply, please download a copy of the relevant application form and email it to Human Resource Unit (Recruitment) at [email protected].
- Application form for teaching positions
- Application form for non-teaching positions
- Application form for relief staff positions
You may also send your applications to:
Human Resource Manager
Nanyang Girls’ High School
2 Linden Drive
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.